Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Figure Skating God(dess)

I have many style icons. I could list them but I won't. This way I have a lot more things to write about in the future. Bam. Deal with it.

My first post about fashion icons to me is the glamorous diva Johnny Weir. I love figure skating, I love when a gay man is proud enough to be flaming (give me more Jack Mcfarlanes on tv please, it isn't offensive it is just a girl living her life), and I love outrageous fashion. Miss Weir is all of these things combined. I don't think Johnny has ever officially come out but lets be real. Watch her skate.

Did you watch it? If not stop reading and just watch for a few seconds. 20 seconds at most. Did you? Good. Gold lamé sleeve, half tutu, and it is figure skating to Bad Romance. Oh yeah, this bitch is perfect.

Not only does she turn it out on the rink but the gurl has an amazing personal style that I can't help but love. Look at this picture I found on her wikipedia entry
Wurq
Right??? Look at that! Why can't I be wearing that right like now?! PS though, I have a vest that looks kind of like that.
Love this vest
Right so back to Johnny. I honestly love figure skating. I sit around and watch it everytime I see it on tv. I queened the fuck out when that episode of Project Runway aired where they designed for Sasha Cohen. So I love that Johnny is one professionally. She speaks russian fluently; a language I studied in college and to this continue to study. I am also terrible at it. Johnny was also seen wearing this:
A Balenciaga bag? Jealous
And her is a picture of her with motha fuckin RuPaul
Look at that half glove! Couldn't you just die??

Just google her. See all the reasons for my love. Watch his documentary "Be Good Johnny Weir." Look at him in the MAC campaign. Appreciate her as I do.

PS. This post is dedicated to my good friend Aneesh
PSagain. This is Johnny performing to Poker Face. Watch it and don't fall in love I dare you

1 comment:

  1. I heart Johnny Weir! His show was fabulous!

    http://www.sundancechannel.com/johnny-weir/

    ReplyDelete