Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NYE Day/Brunch

Ew so first and foremost sorry for the huge delay in posts. I got super caught up with work and the holidays and my roommates boxed set of Angel so I kept not posting. Well from here on out I pledge, it is a new years resolution of mine, to post every Tuesday and Thursday. I will try to make each post as fabulous as I am.

My first post in 2012 will be about this fabulous brunch I went to on NYE day. It was held at my roommates friends place and it was glorious. I will get into what I was wearing in a sec, but first let me tell you about this place. If you didn't already know I live in Boston and if you aren't familiar with Boston the harbor is beautiful. The brunch overlooked the harbor. People with condo's around there are super wealthy (thank you Andrew for having rich parents). Check out this glam display that was in the lobby.
Glamour
Amazing right? I love me the sailor thing. So combine the thick robe, christmas ornaments, and a dry sea scape? I DIED. Literally. Died. Check this view out.
   
Love

Even foggy Boston Harbor is still beautiful
Right? How good is my life? While there my friends and I, 8 in total, would kill sooooooo many bottles of champagne.

I digress, let me get to the good part. My outfit. If you have short term memory loss I will remind you, I love the whole nautical thing. I know it is more of a summer look but IDGAF! I love it and I do what I want. So I was inspired by this incredible blazer I bought at H&M that is white with thing navy vertical pinstripes. Combine with red v-neck, pearls, jeans, and thigh high brown boots and BAM. You got one fierce bitch. Lemme show ya.
Ignore my hair in this pic kthx
Divine right? I felt/looked amazing. I got compliments on this ensemble everywhere I went. Totally made my day. By day I mean it made me feel like despite everything terrible that happened to me in 2011 (no details but some of it was real shitty) I made it through and I made it through with some style. Wurq. I love the necklace I have on, let me show it close up (will also show my nail color)
This pic taken after NYE, nails looked cuter then
 So the necklace I kind of made. I bought the pearls when I worked at Forever 21 for like $8. The sailboat I got when I worked at Juicy and it cost like $40. I don't have a charm bracelet (nor do I want one, I like them but they aren't my style) so I made it into a necklace and this became one of my absolute FAVS! Makeup next. So those were my nails. They are this amazing blue-green that reminds me of a tropical beach. I chose the color not so much for this outfit but to have nails that popped with my outfit for NYE. So now face, lemme give a close up.
Left: My gorgeous roommate Right: Gorgeous Me
So I used this awesome primer I got at Sephora through my Sephora points (I had like 400, figured might as well use some of them). It is called Korres mattifying primer. Then I did my usual, though went light on the bronzer for a lighter look. I was in a glimmer lip gloss but my roommate is super smart and had me put on her red lipstick and it just made everything WURQ. Ugh look at it on me? Not to be a vain bitch but damn I look pretty. And that is that muffins! Hope you like it! More glamour to come this year, on Thursday I will post pics of NYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment